According to a Global Web Index Study, there are two key factors driving social media in 2013:
1) Mobile – the number of people accessing the internet via a mobile phone increased by 60.3% in the last 2 years to a STAGGERING 818.4 million users.
2) The fastest growing demographic on Facebook are the users aged 45 to 54 year age bracket at 46% and 56% respectively.
Facebook continues to dominate the social media platforms.
– Daily active users have reached 665 million
– Monthly active users have passed 1.1 billion for the first time
– 751 million mobile users access Facebook every month
– Mobile only active users total 189 million
– 23% of Facebook’s users check their 5 times or more, each day
– Out of every 7 minutes spent online, 1 minute is spent on Facebook
– 79% people in US ‘like’ something on Facebook to get a discount
Forget everything you thought you knew about marketing. If you have not unlocked the potential of Facebook, you are literally leaving thousands of customers untapped and untouched.